This tool helps to rename bulk files and folders recursively. It was written in using WPF/C#/VS.NET 2010.
- Bulk file and folders rename matching either wildcard or regular expression patterns
- Runs on Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2k/2k3/2k8/XP/Vista/7
How to use
- Click ‘Start’ whenever you are ready to rename files. Any time you can can start this process.
- Type a full path of the file or folder in ‘Choose a File / Folder’ text box, then click ‘Add’ button to add it to ‘File(s) / Folder(s)’ list box. Or you can click ‘Browse’ button, to choose the file/folder for rename.
- At any time, you can select an item in ‘File(s) / Folder(s)’ list box, remove it using ‘Remove’ button.
- In ‘Find/Replace’ text boxes, you can specify either the wildcard or regular expression to identify files and folders for rename. (Please visit Regular Expression Cheat Sheet for help in creating regular expression)
- Check ‘Match Files’ or ‘Match Folders’ check boxes, in order to include them for rename process respectively.
- Check ‘Preview Mode’ option, if you just want to see the files and folders are renamed in the ‘Status’ box or in the log file under ‘Logs’ folder. This option will not rename the files or folder names.
- Check ‘Include Sub Dir’ option, to include all sub directories for rename process.
- In ‘Status’ box, you can view the statues of the file renames.
- Click ‘Clear’ button anytime to clear the ‘Status’ box.
- You can drag and drop file(s) or folder(s) to this tool for easy cleanup process.